The Perfect Keto Breakfast Smoothies For Keto Dieters
For many people, adopting a ketogenic diet can be a difficult time in their lives. It can be quite a change to switch from relying on carbs for energy to a diet that prioritizes fat instead. It is generally advised to stop opting for smoothies and fruit juices and to avoid a large number of foods that you would usually include in your diet. Luckily, when you do a little research, you’ll soon discover that there are still a lot of delicious recipes that you can use in order to enjoy the transition from your existing dietary habits to a ketogenic diet.
In this post, we want to look at a few useful recipes that you can take advantage of to enjoy delicious-tasting breakfast smoothies while you are following a ketogenic diet. We’ll also take a quick look at why smoothies are great for you and what you will gain from having one of these great breakfast smoothies every morning.
The Benefits Of Keto-Friendly Breakfast Smoothies
Smoothies are enjoyed by millions of people – and for a good reason. These delicious drinks have a lot of benefits associated with them. Before we take a look at the many options that those following a ketogenic diet have to choose from, let’s first consider a few reasons why you would want to opt for a breakfast smoothie in the first place.
- Breakfast smoothies are great for getting the day started. They are usually packed with energy-boosting properties, which helps you wake up and get through the morning without any problem.
- When packed with added protein, a breakfast smoothie can help to keep you full, ensuring you can last until lunchtime before you get hungry. This is especially useful if you are trying to lose weight on a keto diet.
- The digestive system gets a break from processing solid foods, which can be beneficial for improving digestive function.
- Since a variety of foods are added to a breakfast smoothie, the drink is usually packed with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, giving you a boost not only in the nutritional intake but also in immune function.
Ketogenic Breakfast Smoothies Recipes
While fruit smoothies are usually on the avoid list for a ketogenic diet, this does not mean you are unable to enjoy a smoothie in the morning at all. There are many ingredients that can be used to make the perfect keto friendly breakfast smoothie that will benefit you and taste great at the same time. Below, we will share some of our favorite keto breakfast smoothie recipes for you to enjoy.
Clean Green Smoothie
Let’s start with a green smoothie, which has become quite popular in the modern day. This particular clean, green smoothie only contains 12 grams of carbohydrates and is packed with 33 grams of fat. You also get a decent amount of protein and fiber.
Simply blend the following ingredients together to make a clean, green smoothie:
- A cup of filtered water
- One tablespoon of MCT oil
- About two dandelion leaves
- Two tablespoons of hemp seeds
- The juice of a single lemon
- One handful of leafy green vegetables (prefer the darker options)
- Half a cucumber
- Two tablespoons of chopped parsley
- A small amount of turmeric powder
Blueberry, Chia Seed, And Coconut Smoothie
If you’re up for a purple smoothie with a delicious coconut taste, then this one is for you — the smoothie packs 21.07 grams of fat, with just 11.26 grams of carbs. You also get a good dose of fiber.
Blend the following ingredients and enjoy:
- One cup of frozen blueberries
- One cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Half a cup of coconut cream
- One cup of Greek yogurt, full-fat option
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of your favorite sweetener
- Two tablespoons of ground chia seeds
Almond Butter And Acai Smoothie
A low-calorie smoothie that is perfect for breakfast, this one is delicious and will give you lasting satiety throughout the morning.
To prepare this smoothie, blend the following ingredients:
- One packet of Acai Puree
- Quarter avocado
- One tablespoon almond butter
- Two drops of Liquid Stevia
- Three-quarter cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- One tablespoon of coconut oil
- Three tablespoons of protein powder
- Half a tablespoon of vanilla extract
The ketogenic diet is beneficial for losing weight and is good for reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes, but there are a couple of things that many people tend to struggle with when it comes to adopting this particular diet. Breakfast smoothies are great for those having some difficulty adjusting to the keto diet which can benefit their health. It can provide you with improved energy levels, a healthier digestive system, and help to improve your body’s ability to absorb nutrition from the food you eat.